CrossFit Free State – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
An object at rest tends to stay at rest. An object in motion tends to stay in motion.” –Newton**
Picture a giant flywheel. It’s at rest, and we are going to manually start it.
To get it to just budge and inch, it’s freaking hard. We need to grit, grind, and drive with everything we have just to get the slightest movement. But as soon as we do, that second inch… it’s a little bit easier. And the third inch, a little more.
By the time the flywheel does a single pass, it’s *significantly* easier. We’re no longer in a max effort prowler push… and it’s almost spinning itself. Two turns, three turns, 100 turns later, it’s spinning with no intentions on stopping. Faster than ever.
We’ve all felt this before. What was a incredible struggle at first, became so natural and easy to continue. We just needed to start.
There will be a voice in our head, that says – there’s time to do this tomorrow. Things are just too tight right now. The time “will be right” eventually. For “an object in motion, tends to stay in motion”.
Snatch Complex (5×1)
Build to Heavy Complex:
1 Power Snatch
1 Overhead Squat
1 Squat Snatch
Rocket Power (Time)
21 Lateral Barbell Burpees
21 Power Snatches (115/85)
15 Lateral Barbell Burpees
15 Overhead Squats (115/85)
9 Lateral Barbell Burpees
9 Squat Snatches (115/85)
* Chip away at the snatches in singles
* Singles are consistent and help you move well at a moderate load
* Break the overhead squats into 1-3 sets
* Move through the burpees with more of a purpose knowing that you have a short rest between each single snatch repetition
## BARBELL MOVEMENTS
* Recommended Sets:
* **Power Snatches:** Singles
* **Overhead Squats:** 15, 8-7, or 6-5-4
* **Squat Snatches:** Singles