CrossFit Free State – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally, astound ourselves.” –Thomas Edison**
Sometimes we simply need to get out of our way. We are capable of so much more than we’ll ever know. What stops us – fear and doubt.
We have voices inside our head, trying to keep us safe. But waiting on the other side of that, is the absolute astonishment that Thomas Edison speaks about.
Many have the incorrect pre-disposition that this quote doesn’t apply to them. That they don’t have the natural talent, or the born ability, to reach greatness. But that thought, in and of itself, is the reason why they aren’t yet great. That thought alone will stop what truly creates greatness – passionate, unrelenting, hard work.
This quote applies not to somebody else, but you. Silence the voice that doubts, and put on the championship performance. As simple as that sounds, if we can do it, we’ll find what Edison writes about. We’ll stand in awe of what we are capable of.
Monkey Business (Time)
400 Meter Run
20 Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks (50/35)
* Run at a pace where you can come in an go big on the dumbbell each round
## HANG CLEAN AND JERKS
* Switching arms every 5 reps on the dumbbell, try to get these done with 1 break maximum
* Since one arm gets a break while the other works, push for larger sets here
* *Options*: 20 unbroken or 10-10
* The of the set on the pull-up doesn’t matter as much as limiting time spent not moving
* Think 2-3 sets from the beginning to keep things moving forward
* *Options:* 8-7, 6-5-4