**“Adversity causes some to break. For others, it breaks records.”**
Adversity can really, really hurt. Let’s not create an illusion that it’s all sunshine and rainbows. It will try our values, test our patience, and challenge who we are as human beings. It’s no warm cup of cocoa on a winter morning.
But a warm cup of cocoa doesn’t make us better. A picture perfect day doesn’t make us better. We learn when we make mistakes. When we miss, trip up, face plant, and get caught off guard. At our very basic biological level, this is how we adapt. It’s encoded in us… and it’s seriously like a secret sleeping super power.
That is, of course, if we use them to our advantage. The nature of a mistake is not to tell us we suck. That we failed. That we’re not good enough. The nature of a mistake is to educate us. To give us the ammunition we need to become better. To take the challenge to earn greatness, out of something that once was not.
Adversity is not in the way of greatness.
Adversity is the way the way to greatness.
This is the championship mindset.
4:00 Row for Calories
3:00 Lateral Burpees over Barbell
2:00 Deadlifts (225/155)
No Rest Between Rounds
* Because you’ll be strapped in and seated, the rower will be the longest transition of all the movements
* For this reason, it pays off to hold on for slightly longer efforts
* But as these team workouts typically go, we want to switch out athletes before movement starts to slow down
* For this station, you can switch out based on time or calories
* If each athlete rows for 40 seconds, you’ll get 2 turns a piece during the 4-minute window
* You can also switch every 10-15 calories, which is usually a good range before speed starts to slow
## LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES & DEADLIFTS
* The burpees and deadlifts are a much faster transition than the rower, which means you can switch out more frequently here
* While you *could* hold on for longer bouts of work, shorter burst may be better in the long run
* Consider the following ranges for each movement:
* **Lateral Barbell Burpees:** Switch Every 3-5 Reps
* **Deadlifts:** Switch Every 5-7 Reps
4 Sets, Not For Score:
Max Effort Strict Handstand Push-ups
1:30 Ski Erg (Sub Any Machine)
20 GHD Sit-ups