CrossFit Free State – CrossFit
**“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle**
One of the most challenging things we can do, is to reflect. To reflect, with brutal honesty.
This quote can be applied in many ways, but it’s most commonly applied to the physical acts of our days. Whether we show up to the gym at 5:30am to train. Whether we eat the proper food we brought to work with us, or order out for lunch.
What’s more challenging, is to look further inward. And reflect, with brutal honesty, on our thoughts. The way we think.
When we missed the lift, what were our immediate thoughts?
When we were cut off on the road by another car, what did we say to ourselves?
When the gossip arrived in the locker room, what did we first think?
If our thoughts become actions, this must be where we start.
Clean and Jerk (Heavy Single)
Air Fryer (Time)
50 Air Squats
10 Power Clean and Jerks (135/95)
* Today is a fantastic opportunity to get aggressive on the barbell
* The air squats essentially serve as our pacer, allowing us to work through large ‘touch and go’ clean and jerks
* Find the max pace on your 50 air squats that still allows you to attack the 10 barbell reps
* On the barbell, try to minimize sets – aiming for somewhere between 1-3:
* **1 Set:** 10
* **2 Sets:** 5-5
* **3 Sets:** 4-3-3
* However, if you find yourself having to rest a long time before picking the bar up, simply go with fast singles to get the weight moving
Metcon (9 Rounds for weight)
Back Squat Waves
Set 1: 4 Reps @ 86%
Set 2: 3 Reps @ 92%
Set 3: 1 Reps @ 98%
3 Minutes Rest
Set 4: 4 Reps @ 92%
Set 5: 3 Reps @ 98%
Set 6: 2 Reps @ 104%
3 Minutes Rest
Set 7: 4 Reps @ 98%
Set 8: 3 Reps @ 104%
Set 9: 2 Reps @ 110%
*Percentages Based Off 5RM Back Squat*